Monday, November 06, 2006

Mr. Fix-It





Griffin had so much fun "helping" Mike fix the crib. We needed to lower it, since Sammy is jumping now, and it scares me to think what might happen if he were to fall overboard! I'm used to Griffin always being on the brink of disaster, but it still breaks my heart to see Sammy get hurt and cry. Maybe it's because he puts on such a show when he cries. He lays on his tummy on the floor and sets his head on the ground very gently and just cries like his heart is broken. Yeah, that one sure has his Mama wrapped around his little finger. He knows how to make my heart melt! I guess it's just easier to say "Buck up!" to a rambunctious, defiant two-year-old who jumps off the arm of the couch all day long and then comes crying to me when he bumps his knee. Anyway, he sure was proud to sit on his Daddy's lap and help him (yes, he actually did help at one point!). He loved playing with the wrench (which is real) and his screwdriver (a toy). And Mike was so proud of his little boy, who is growing up so fast and is learning SO much every day! He can name a lot of the tools, and it's so much fun to ask him questions and listen to him trying so hard to say the words just right. He still says Poonwich instead of sandwich, though. That's got to be our favorite word of his. He used to say Poonchich, but he has moved on from that and is getting closer to the right word. It's sad, it's almost like a loss of some of their innocence when they try hard to be like the adults they admire so much. It is fun to watch them grow up, but yes, it is sad too. I'll miss my baby Griffin, but I'm sure he'll grow into a fine young man some day.

1 comment:

angela | the painted house said...

I totally understand about the reaction to the toddler's mishaps versus the baby's mishaps...