Monday, May 05, 2008

Meetin' Time!

Oh, how I love Stampin' Up! meetings! We have a card club that meets once a month and we make a couple of cards and talk and hang out and, oh yeah, order a bunch of really fun stuff from Stampin' Up! :) It's a happy time. And this month the meeting was at MY house!! Which means I am the "hostess" and get all of the hostess goodies you get when you... hostess... a party. There really was no better way to word that. Or maybe there was, but I'm in a hurry to go play with my last month's order, so I'm not paying attention to grammar.



Anyway, I didn't take pictures of the meeting, but just picture a bunch of giddy women sitting around a table (okay, was I the ONLY giddy one there? nah) stamping, embossing, punching, drooling, and eating Ghirardelli -- I totally just butchered that spelling but I'm too lazy to get up and go look at the brownie box -- triple chocolate fudge brownies. Yeah, it was a good night. I had the worst headache before everyone got here, but amazingly enough it was gone by the time the meeting started! Well, it could be because I treated it with my one-two knock-em-dead headache killer combo. Caffiene and Rapid-Release Tylenol. No headache stands a chance. The chocolate didn't hurt, either, I'm sure. So now I am still wide awake, when my schedule tells me I should be going to bed in half an hour. Not gonna happen. So you get to sit there and read this rambling blog, and maybe look at some cute pictures of my animals, if I ever get around to posting them. ;)



Griffin informed me today that I need to add "reading time" to the schedule. I have stopped reading to them in their bedroom right before naptime, because that just draws the bedtime routine on for WAY too long, and they expect it Every. Single. Time. So I've stopped. We sat down to read this morning halfway in between breakfast and lunch (we were obviously not using the schedule because if we were, it would have been time to go outside and play), and the boys just loved it. Even Sammy sat still... well, okay, he paused while running around the living room... to listen to how the Magic School Bus with Ms. Frizzle's class in it got shrunk (got shrunk? I don't know...) and went inside of a moldy old log and learned all about reusing old things, recycling and not trashing something just because it is old, moldy and...old. Good times.

Oh, okay, the pictures are finally done loading to Blogger, so here they are!



No comments: