Thursday, October 12, 2006

Mama's Boy



I had to take a picture of myself since it seems I am always the one behind the camera!

Today was not like yesterday at all. Sammy slept for about 20 minutes while I held him, and then he was ready to get up and conquer the world (or at least his small part of it) for the rest of the day! The picture on top shows what I was looking at most of the day. Sammy followed me around the house and pulled himself up on my legs every time I stopped long enough for him to catch me. Well, what can I say? I wanted the second baby to be a snuggler, since Griffin just can't make too much time for it in his busy day, and I sure got one! I just wasn't expecting him to want to be held SO much. But he will outgrow it as soon as he is able to walk, I'm sure. He'll be chasing Griffin around the house and infringing on the little man's territory. Then I'll go from snuggly Mommy to referee.

I love watching them grow and change and learn new things every day! Sammy has been clapping now for a few days, and he just gets so tickled when we do it with him. Griffin touched his pointer fingers together and his thumbs together and said "Triangle, Mommy!" as we were walking up the stairs to put him to bed tonight. He must have picked that up from the older kids at Bible study. It's just fun to see what they will come up with next! I read somewhere that we spend the first two years of our childrens' lives teaching them to walk and talk, and the next 16 years trying to get them to sit down and be quiet. I got a good laugh out of that one! I'm sure I'll be finding out about all of that soon enough. For now, though, I'm going to enjoy my little boys as much as they enjoy me!

No comments: