Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Samantha



Here it is! I was reminded by Jaymee that I had yet to post the card I had promised, and I finally got it finished today during naptime. I love the color combination, the flower, the twisted wire, the birthday saying, everything! This is one of my favorite cards yet. It took some time to complete (have you ever tied wire into a knot? not easy!), but it was worth the wait!
It says "May every part of your BIRTHDAY have happy in it!"
I used dimensionals on the back of the flower and also on the blue layer of the flower to give it height. I just love my dimensionals! I used 42 on these 6 cards alone. :-)
Here are the card stats. I had stopped posting the ingredients I used to make my cards because it requires keeping track of the brand names of every single piece of patterned paper I use, but I will go back to listing them, just in case someone wants to copy my ideas. I also like to give credit to the paper companies I use the most. I think they deserve some of the credit, don't you?
Samantha Ingredients:
Cardstock: SU Cameo Coral (card), SU Old Olive (layer), SU Tempting Turquoise (circle)
Patterned Paper: Love, Elsie: Roxie Telephone (fabric with adhesive backing)
Accessories: pink buttons from Archiver's, black wire from Archiver's, SU Scallop Circle punch, SU 1 3/8" Circle punch, dimensionals, tiny glue dots (for the button back)
I call this card Samantha. Yes, I have begun naming my cards. I think it's fun. Kind of like those stores (can anyone say Pottery Barn?) that name their collections of bedding and furniture. Yeah. That.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

You are so creative! I do a little scrapbooking but I'm not that good at it, but it's fun!

Carody said...

Aw, thanks Peggy! I love paper, pure and simple. I'm a paper addict. Hi, my name is Carody, and I'm addicted to paper. hehe!!