Thursday, November 01, 2007

It's Coming!!!

I can't believe it's only 7 weeks (and 5 days) until Christmas! Wow. The years seem to get shorter and shorter. Just last week, it seems, it was July, and I was saying firmly, "I'm not going wait until the last minute to do my Christmas shopping this year, I'm going to start getting ready now!"

HA!!!

A few weeks ago, I made two clove-studded oranges with a friend, and they both got moldy and had to be thrown away. What else have I done? Zilch.

Oh wait, I take that back. I do have two matching crib sheets and a Winnie the Pooh movie for the boys. That's it.

At least I know what I'm doing for Mike's side of the family. We've all decided to exchange family pictures this year. That will be fun, but I still might make everyone some cookies or something. And there's nothing any of you can do to stop me! Ha! I'm living on the edge, I know.

My side of the family will be either drawing names or bringing one gift and numbering them and drawing numbers. We drew numbers last year and that was fun. I wish I could give gifts to everyone but I know that gets expensive, so it is nice to be able to put my all into one big gift and have someone get great enjoyment out of it. :-)

KU played their first exhibition game tonight, so the season has officially started! The boys are fully trained on all of the KU songs, chants, etc. and are ready and waiting for the first real game. Griffin was running around the house during the game yelling "Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!!!" He wasn't watching the game very much, but really, where's the fun in watching some old basketball game when you can yell and run around?

We are getting together with some friends for our own Thanksgiving Dinner (for the gals)/Poker Night (for the guys) a little while before Thanksgiving, and I am realizing how fun it is to plan a menu for a party! I might have to do this entertaining thing more often! It will be at our house, but with other people helping to bring food, it really won't be too much work. Well, maybe cleaning will be work, but who's going to have their white gloves on anyway? We'll all be too busy having fun and being thankful for the ability to stuff ourseslves full of super-yummy food!

I'll post our menu once we get it all figured out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So with your side of the family I guess that means buying unisex gifts!

We have a family name drawing coming up soon for one side of the family. I have not even started Christmas shopping yet.

I went to the Mall recently to try to get into the Holiday spirit of gift buying - because the Christmas music on the radio just wasn't doing it with the leaves still on the trees outside - alas the mall didn't do it either...they are just beginning to put up decorations.