Saturday, April 04, 2009

Generosity

These are just some of the things people have given and sent to us. I am trying to take as many pictures as possible so that I will be able to make a scrapbook of my cancer experience.
Fun stuff for the boys -- thanks, Donna!

Wonderful Meals (Bonnie brought this one, it was super yummy!)

Cute Packages (Angela sent this one)


The inside of Angela's package -- thanks, Angela!!

Just a head of lettuce with spikes?


No, it's actually a fruit basket delivered fresh and cold from Edible Arrangements!
Thanks, Alison, Robert, Aunt Susan, Uncle John and Grandma!


Many thanks to all of the wonderful people who have brought us meals, cleaned our house, folded our laundry, collected money for our family, sent fun gifts to the boys, spent time with me, taken me to doctor's visits, babysat my children, spent time in prayer for us, sent us beautiful cards and handwritten notes of love and encouragement, and coordinated everyone who wants to help. We love you all, and it is a very humbling and yet enriching experience to go through, this cancer is. (I just sounded like Yoda. Hee!)


We have been blessed beyond measure with good friends, some of whom we have never even met, and supportive, there-through-thick-and-thin family members who are weathering this storm with us. I am so thankful for each and every one of you!


I have to say some special words of thanks to my darling husband. He has been my rock, and my strength, and my shoulder to cry on and to lean on during this year. The tubal pregnancy in January was rough, but we got through it. This cancer is going to kick my behind, but I am going to kick it back, and make it through a much stronger person! And my husband is going to be there every step of the way. He has been so busy with work these past few weeks, and yet he is still making time to wash dishes, do load after load of laundry, cook healthy, yummy meals, clean the house, take care of the boys, and sit and talk with me about everything that is going on. I think he deserves some special words of gratitude. I love you so much, Babe!!





3 comments:

Donna said...

Carody, you have such an amazing husband! Such a sweet family.
Bonnie's food looks scruptous! I like your scrapbook. You are very creative. Take care and I pray your body will receive all this treatment with few side effects.

angela | the painted house said...

I've never seen the word "cancer" look so pretty before--love your scrapbook!

I'm so glad you are being pampered by mail and in person.

I'd love a bite of that fruit bouquet right now!

becomingkate said...

Your husband sounds like a very supportive guy. What a difference that will make! I hope you two get some time to yourselves.