Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Good Food and Good Times

My front door three days ago.

My front door today.



What I did with the "old" wreath. This garage sale cookie jar is coming in handy! There is a candle inside of it, and I'll be filling it with small pinecones and cinnamon sticks. The candle inside is called Cinnamon Bun, and it is YUMMY. I just love fall!



We had a lot of fun last night. We got to spend time with Adrienne and Nicolas at IHOP; Grandma G. and Suzy (Grandpa) stopped by for a while after a birthday dinner they went to with some long-time church friends; and Caleb came by for a few minutes to pick up their dogs, who spent the week with us. It was a fun evening!




We were handing out cherry pie left and right, because I made one yesterday and everyone knows I love to give people food. It's what I do! You can't come over to my house and walk away hungry. I haven't tasted the pie yet, so I hope it was guest-worthy.

I was going to make tuna casserole last night for dinner, but there was no way I was going to turn down IHOP with a good friend. Now I have chicken that needs to be used tonight, so I think I'm going to make shredded chicken, stuffing, roasted potatoes and gravy for dinner.

I stuck a package of frozen chicken thighs in the crock pot on High on Monday morning with some butter, sea salt and pepper, and by Monday night the house smelled SO good. I'll make the gravy with the drippings and "good bits" that I saved from the bottom of the crock pot.

Here is my tuna casserole recipe. It is easy and fairly quick to make. It's the recipe my mom made when we were kids, and I still love it! The boys (all three of them!) love it too. The leftovers are really good. You may want to use an extra can of cream of mushroom soup if you plan to reheat it more than once so that it stays creamy.



Tuna Casserole

1 bag large shell pasta
2 small or 1 large can tuna (or salmon)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can sliced mushrooms
1-2 cups shredded cheese


1. Cook the pasta.
2. Mix the tuna, mushrooms and two soups together in a baking dish.
3. Add the cooked pasta and stir together.
4. Cover with the shredded cheese.
5. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is all melted.


I see banana bread in my family's near future.

3 comments:

angela | the painted house said...

I love your red door!

I've been meaning to comment about your homeschool--so happy to hear that it is going well! We are trying our best around here. It is HARD, I'll be honest.

Carody said...

Yes, it is hard. I'll bet yours is harder than mine even, with Ashton being so gifted! Ours is more "fun" right now than actual learning. Next year, I keep telling myself. I want to get to the good stuff!

Anonymous said...

Banana Nut Muffins....


YUM!!!!