Friday, February 29, 2008

Toasted Pecans

MMMMMMM, we love them. We went for a flashlight walk tonight with a big flashlight carried by Mike and I (well, ONE of us carried it, it's not THAT big), and a small one that was the prize possession of two small boys and was passed very reluctantly back and forth between them every few minutes. It was a little chilly outside, so we all wore our jackets (I promise I'm getting to the pecan part of this story) and took a short walk around the neighborhood. I was quite cold by the time we got home, but I don't think the boys felt a thing, they just LOVE to be outside. When we were almost home, I decided that ice cream sounded good. Crazy, I know, but it did.

And this is the pecan part. When I was over at Bonnie's house a while back, she made me the yummy dinner with toasted pecans on the salad, and again on the ice cream. Well, I recreated the ice cream she had made me, with a drizzle of maple syrup on top and covered with toasted pecans. Griffin had been whining and pouting because he didn't want me to toast his pecans, but he took one bite and... well, I have never seen his ice cream disappear that quickly, and that's saying something!!

He then proceeded to beg from everyone else. "Are you going to eat your "Buh-cahns?"" he asked everyone at the table. He got pecans from Daddy, but Mommy was feeling a little stingy and didn't want to give hers up. Hey, I like them too! He even got some of the remaining ones from the pan and added them to his "pudding"... you know, the ice cream that has melted in the bottom of your bowl. I think he has a new favorite dessert!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so so funny, and typical. I know what to put in somebody's Easter Egg!



~Bonnie