Saturday, February 23, 2008

Because I've been a slacker...

I haven't posted a Make A Card Monday this week, and I have a good excuse, really, I do. I have been working tirelessly (okay, I have been getting SOME rest) on the lovely baby shower we will have for Bonnie tomorrow. Can you tell I hang out with this gal a lot? Yeah, well, she's totally worth all of the trouble we (me and Heather, another good friend of Bonnie's) have gone to to get this shower put together. And I must admit, I have had a BLAST doing it, too. Maybe I should go into the party planning busine.....NAH. But it has been fun while it lasted. I can't wait for tomorrow afternoon. I want to make Bonnie cry. Only because I know I will be crying too; I'm such a big baby when it comes to this stuff. Baby. Hah.

I promise I will post MACM in two days, because I have something really cool that I have been working on for quite a while, but I can't post it yet, because it's a surprise for said shower tomorrow. Don't get your panties in a wad, I'll post it soon!

Meanwhile, here is a creation I worked on one morning. When Mike came up for lunch, he saw it and didn't say anything. Then Griffin said "Hey, Daddy!! Mommy made a PIE!!!



And Mike said "Mommy didn't make THAT!"


Which just goes to show how much confidence he has in my pie-making skilz. And yes, I do have skilz. I love me some pie, and when I make one, I put my heart and soul into it. Actually, he said that it was truly a compliment to say that my pie looked store-bought. So I accepted his statement and gave him a piece.




OH! And here is a picture of the bouquet Mike gave me on Valentine's Day. I had a rather unpleasant "yearly checkup" at the ob/gyn that day, and he knew how much I had been dreading it. He came home while I was at the doctor's office and left this on the table for me to find when I got home. Isn't that just too sweet? He knew it would make me smile... and I did. :-)



Here is the recipe for the pie.

Valentine's Day Pie
1 Graham Cracker pie crust
2 boxes banana cream instant pudding mix
1 small container strawberry cream cheese
chocolate chips (1/2 bag? 1/4 bag?)
*make pudding according to "pie filling" directions
*pour pudding into graham cracker crust
*fill decorating bag (I used the star tip) with cream cheese
*make two circles of stars around the outside of the pie
*make one circle of chocolate chips
*two more circles of stars
*one more circle of chocolate chips
*one more circle of stars, with a big star in the center
and you have yourself one very yummy pie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pie is pretty, can't blame him for thinking it was store bought! But that would be a good one for him to remember, if he ever did genuinely forget to comment on something else!

Sorry to disappoint you on the crying, but believe me I was wowed.
It was spectacular and perfect. I couldn't have planned a shower that amazing, and that is saying something, hahahahahahahaha. No seriously. I am still reminiscing the details that went into it!!!

Bonnie

Tonia said...

Wow! That must have taken a lot of patience and a steady hand!