Anyway, today was a great day for playing outside, so I just left the back door open so that the boys could run in and out of the house while I baked cookies and did some laundry and dishes. Of course, the flies buzzing around the house are testament to the fact that the door was open, but it was worth it! Griffin just loves to play in the dirt, and Sammy is almost to the point where he will actually get involved in some level of playing with Griffin. Most of the time Sammy still wants to do his own thing or stick to Mommy or Daddy, but there are some occasions when I'll sneak up on the two of them happily working toward the same goal.
I came up with a list of rules for our family. Some of these will take some work on my part! I need to work on a couple of these areas. Here they are:
2. Obey Mommy and Daddy quickly.
3. Be gentle with people and animals.
4. Tell the truth.
5. Listen to people when they talk to you.
6. Do not take things away from others.
7. Be polite.
8. Respect other peoples’ things – do not break, tear, color or jump on things.
9. Keep your food and drinks on the table.
10. Be happy with the things you have, and take good care of them.
These may not be in order of importance!