Sunday, May 16, 2010

New Hair, New Name

Little Miss Snickerdoodle has a new name.  We decided that although we like the name Snicker, it didn't fit her as well as her new name does.  These days, we are calling her...


wait for it...





Tripsy!  Heeeeeere, Tripsy!  Come here, girl!




Wait!  No!  Stop biting my toes!  Don't sit on my feet!  Quit walking right in front of me!  I'm going to trip on y... ouch!

 

And thus we renamed her Tripsy.  Quite fitting, I think.  Mike actually came up with the name after we had been at Grandma G and Grandpa Suzie's house.  We took Snicker... er, Tripsy... along to socialize with the other little doggies (Gordon still hasn't allowed her into his world yet), and they (Gma and Gpa) got to experience the joys of tripping on our puppy all over their house.



Grandpa was walking through the kitchen (Tripsy's favorite room of the house, for this is where most treats originate from), and little one was walking... tripping, really... along under, beside, and on top of his feet.  He said,"I'm going to start calling you Footsy, because having you around is like having a third foot!"



I mentioned that to Mike on the way home, and he started playing around with names.  Tripsy kind of stumbled out of his mouth, and I immediately loved it.  It's so perfect!



It is hard to switch our brains over to calling her something else after thinking of her as Snicker for a week, but she didn't know that her name was Snicker yet, and she actually responds to Tripsy!  Yay!



And yeah.  She's not housebroken yet.  But she sleeps through the night now.

 I had to give you some perspective on just how small she is.  She looks big in all of the pictures, but she is about half the size she used to be.  Or maybe I just have big shoes.  *sigh*

No comments: